The Nordic styled, Wilfa Svart Coffee Grinder is the one of the best entry level home grinders on the market.
It uses conical burrs which give much more consistent grind sizes meaning a more even extraction of both the flavour and healthy compounds in coffee.
After a year on the hunt for the perfect home grinder we think we've nailed it with these. They're the best at this price point to do both the flavour and health benefits of our coffee justice. Win win!
They're suitable for almost all brewing methods, including filter, french press/cafetiere, AeroPress and percolator/moka pot. We found it didn't quite grind fine enough for espresso machines. It's user-friendly settings allow you switch with ease between grind sizes.
Designed in collaboration with World Barista Champion Tim Wendleboe, the Svart grinder has serious specialty coffee pedigree.
With an easy-to-use interface, you'll find no trouble make a professional-tasting brew either at home or in a professional cafe environment. The generous bean hopper holds 250g and the timer function make for easy grinding - just add your beans and press go! The Wilfa Svart's small footprint and crisp, Nordic styling make it the perfect accessory to display on any counter-top.
We love it because it's:
- Affordable - High quality at a very affordable price
- Better for you - Yep, coffee slowly starts to oxidise as soon as its been roasted and even more so if its ground. Grinding fresh for each cup is the healthiest option!
- Consistent - Using conical burrs gently grind coffee beans into evenly sized particles. Unlike blades which obliterate the life out of them!
- 5 grind settings with 32 steps in-between.
- Industry-leading 5 year warranty.
- Intelligent grind basket to minimise mess.
- 250g capacity hopper with UV filter to protect beans from sunlight.
- Adjustable grind time for "set and forget" coffee grinding.
- Easy to clean.
- Warranty: Industry-leading 5-year warranty - from manufacturer