Brand and Content Marketing Manager
Brand and Content Marketing Manager
Salary: £35k to £50k depending on experience.
Permanent, Full Time.
Location: Minimum 2 days per week in our private office in Yonder, Blackhorse Road, London. The rest remote.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a brand and content marketing background to join exhale and to have a tangible impact. It is the perfect time for someone with the right blend of vision, strategy and creativity to help take the exhale brand to the next level. You will lead on building our brand reputation and credibility through content, events, ambassadors, activations, partnerships, community and any other fun ways you can dream up! This role is very hands on but we also have existing copywriters, freelancers, industry experts and a supportive team all super keen to collaborate and help make us fly.
You will be reporting into and working with our Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Higham. Working alongside a newly hired Growth Marketing Manager. With access to freelance creatives, social media execs, PR consultants and anyone else needed.
We’re a small, seriously ambitious start-up so you’ll need to be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into anything. You will be a force of nature, full of energy, with the tenacity, drive and confidence to make sht happen. You will bring vast experience of what good looks like and be prepared to go the extra mile to help shape exhale into the brand of yours and our dreams.
We’re a challenger brand creating a new category in coffee of healthy coffee. We’re shooting for the stars with ambitions of becoming a cross between Red Bull and Patagonia, for the healthy generation. At heart we’re a feel good, lifestyle brand created to inspire the world to live an active, outdoors and healthy lifestyle… and we happen to have found the perfect way to fuel it. We’re doing all of this in the most uncompromisingly sustainable way possible.
- Lead the brand marketing strategy, owning and delivering brand campaigns/initiatives from insight all the way to the target consumer.
- Work with the Growth Marketing Manager to establish KPI & reporting frameworks to monitor and inform brand decisions, marketing initiatives, creatives, messaging etc
- Identify brands, events, athletes and influencers etc to collaborate with to bring our brand to life and to strengthen the exhale community.
- Understand our brand’s core beliefs and USP’s and own how we communicate these (creative style, copy, strap lines etc…) across all touch points; working with the Growth Marketing Manager to continually refine our messaging. With the use of freelance copywriters and designers.
- Be a guardian for all aspects of our brand and related assets (e.g. visual identity, web site)
- Plan and launch an on-brand ambassador program.
- Drive our content and communication strategy to increase engagement across multiple channels including newsletter, social media and website as well as potentially supporting podcasts / IG lives etc…
- Strategic placement of brand content and product across our marketing ecosystem to create large scale brand awareness and grow our reputation and credibility.
- Ideate and create engaging, creative, innovative content for social, website, blogs and newsletters which bring our brand and purpose to life.
- Manage content coming in from a variety of sources including experts, influencers and ambassadors and know how to get the best value from it, on which channels, and when.
The ideal candidate:
We have ambitious goals and we work at pace, so first and foremost we need someone who brings tons of experience and ideas coupled with the confidence and tenacity to turn them into reality.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in brand and content management
- Ideally within an active or outdoors brand (but not essential).
- Ability to work proactively is a must as well as being happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
- A creative storyteller and strong copywriter, who can take a brand visual image and tone of voice and consistently apply it.
- Able to turn anything into fun, engaging, on-brand content using photography and tools such as Canva and Adobe – or proven ability to manage freelancers to do so.
- Experience of running an ambassador program, developing brand partnerships, managing influencer relationships, or planning brand activations is an advantage.
- Prior management of a Shopify website, email newsletter platform and/or high growth Instagram/Facebook business account an advantage.
- Community management an advantage.
- If you’re passionate about being active and love the outdoors, you will fit in at exhale.
We’re based in Yonder, a fun, community focussed bouldering centre with loads of events, socials, creativity and lovely people.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Unlimited, full climbing membership
- 2x yoga classes per week (from choice of over 20 weekly classes)
- Use of onsite free-weights/resistance/gymnastics gym.
- 2x free guest passes for friends per month to the climbing centre
- Running club
- 2x monthly socials
- Use of wood workshop
- Your carbon footprint offset
- Free coffee!